Accessible Washrooms With a Luxury Ethos: Behind the Scenes of a £49m Project
We’re proud to say that every Fitzroy of London client sees regulations like Doc M as a mere starting point for their accessible facilities. And we’re almost too modest to mention that our design team has been an influence worldwide in terms of changing how luxury hospitality sees accessible washrooms.
But how does a prestige hotel development make sure spaces like inclusive washrooms meet compliance requirements while maintaining the trendsetting design standards seen elsewhere in their venue?
Our work with the team behind the high-end Amano Hotel, Covent Garden, is a perfect example of how ambition, exacting standards and design-led thinking were used to ensure superb, impactful results.
Read on for a coffee break overview…
A Sumptuous Venue, A Prestige Project
Renowned German hospitality pacesetter Amano Group will mark their arrival in the UK in great style with the opening of their £49m London destination in 2022.
With a stunning location in a world-famous theatre district, the hotel will offer a 141 bed luxury hotel, sky bar and roof terrace. A boutique hotel atmosphere and a cool, vibrant Berlin vibe will be achieved through dark, moody tones and unapologetically unique design features.
The brief made Fitzroy of London a logical partner for architect Woods Bagot.
Our work together featured:
- The brief: Design-led compliant accessible washrooms for the front of house and back of house areas.
- The ethos: Product aesthetic selected to ensure guests feel that every space is not just special but in harmony with the design intent of the entire project.
- The right range: The contemporary Gosfield range was specified in a classic polished stainless steel finish.
- Innovative features: Removable rails throughout to help the hotel maximise occupancy rates.
- A specialist service: Fitzroy of London offered personal, expert support including advice, technical submissions, data sheets and reliable delivery timescales.
With a planned launch date next year, we’ll share more images from this textbook luxury washroom project as soon as we have them.
Watch this space to find out more about this landmark hospitality event or explore our portfolio to discover hospitality washroom inspiration from across the world.
Let’s Create Spaces Designed Around Luxury
When unique, world-class properties deserve the very best from compliant washroom fittings, owners and professionals turn to Fitzroy of London to deliver the very pinnacle of high-end inclusivity design innovation.
Fitzroy of London offers both a bespoke Studio Fitzroy option, with in-house designers working in partnership with your team, and a range of core Collection finishes featuring contemporary and classic choices.
To discuss your property or project with a Fitzroy of London expert call + 44 203 773 1050 or email email@example.com.